You never know when you might be involved in a car accident. It’s not often mentioned – but important to remember – to keep a safety pack in your car. This better prepares you for any emergency that may arise. All that is required is a little preparation and space. Even if you never end up using this safety pack, you can rest assured knowing you are taking all the necessary precautions. A prepared driver is a safer driver. Continue reading this blog to learn a checklist of essential items to keep in your vehicle.
Car Accident Emergency Items
The following items will provide you with essential assistance and relief in the event of a breakdown, car accident or other unforeseen circumstance.
- Essential Contact Information – Obtain the contact information of a breakdown service and insurance company. You’ll want this information to be accessible in the event of an accident, especially when it results in severe damage. Oftentimes, accidents leave a victim dazed and confused. Access to this vital contact information will help you get through the traumatic event a little more easily.
- Back-up cell phone and charger – Access to these devices can make a world of difference. The above bullet point has no value unless you have access to a phone. And in the event of a car accident in a remote location, a cell phone could help you avoid a long walk to the nearest phone.
- Road map – With that being said, old-fashioned road maps come in handy as a backup. You never know when technology will fail. In those instances, you can rest easy knowing you have a way of finding out where you are.
- Spare change – This will prove to be useful for tolls, parking, payphones, etc. We all have experienced the frustrations of cash-only stores and machines. Learn from those experiences and prepare.
- Hazard triangle – This is useful for alerting other drivers that you’ve broken down. Whether it alerts drivers to slow down or results in a driver pulling over to offer assistance, hazard triangles prove to be valuable when the unexpected breakdown occurs.
- Hi-viz bib – Like the hazard triangle, the hi-viz bib is another essential item for other drivers to see you.
- Spare tire and jack – Most cars come with these, but it is important to double check. It is also important to learn how to change a tire. We all travel alone sometimes, so this knowledge comes in handy.
- Replacement bulbs and fuses – These essentials are useful for on-the-road repairs. Clear visibility is crucial to your safety.
- First-aid kit – Acquire a kit that contains all of the basics, such as bandages, gauze, tweezers, etc. This kit is used as temporary relief for auto accident injuries until paramedics arrive on site.
- Water – This is a basic necessity, either to use as emergency drinking water or to top off the radiator.
- Non-perishable food – This includes cereals bars, crisps, etc. While you wait for assistance, it is best prepare and wait on a full stomach.
- Umbrella – You will be grateful for this useful item in the event that you need to wait for assistance or walk out in the rain.
- Warm clothing – Warm clothing is essential to include in the wintertime. Depending on where you live, this can include a sweater, raincoat and/ or snow coat.
- Spare pair of boots and socks – If you live in a wet or snowy state, include a pair of boots and socks to prepare for walking in the mud or snow.
Uplift Legal Funding’s Auto Accident Loans
Feel free to do more research on car pack essentials. Your safety comes first. In the event that you do get in an auto accident as a result of another party’s negligence, be sure to look into filing a claim.
With an ever lengthening civil legal process, Uplift Legal Funding can help provide you relief in as little as 24 hours.
Auto accident loans can help cover your medical costs, lost wages and other life expenses so that you can negotiate a higher settlement. Best of all, if you do not win the case, you do not owe us anything! Apply online or give us a call at (800) 385-3660.