Before applying for pre-settlement loans, we encourage plaintiffs to try other options. Here’s a list of ideas to get you started:
- Establish or change your budget – the first thing to do is to get on track with a responsible budget that will see you through to case conclusion
- Borrow from friends or family – if you can do this with no interest, this is always the best, but not necessarily the easiest option
- Take a personal loan from your bank – if you have good credit, this could be a great option
- Tap your home equity – if you own property, it is possible to take equity out of your house. This might be tough to swallow, but it comes with remarkably better rates and terms than legal funding.
- Ask your lawyer – in some states, lawyers are allowed to lend money to clients as long as the loans have 0 interest.