Aviation Accident Lawsuit Loans
Air travel has become mainstream and a common and convenient way to travel. However, aviation accidents do occur. These accidents can result in tragedy, something that no victim or their family member is ever prepared for. If you or a loved one is suffering from injuries due to an aviation accident, consider filing a lawsuit if you suspect negligence. There are several laws in place – including the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and General Aviation Revitalization Act of 1994 (GARA) – that enforce aviation safety and investigate any wrongdoing on the part of the pilot or manufacturer. Read this article to learn more about aviation accident cases and aviation accident lawsuit loans.
Common Causes of Accidents
The aviation laws in place account for both commercial and noncommercial aircraft, which includes small airplanes, charter flights, helicopters, etc.
The most common causes of aviation accidents include:
- Pilot negligence
- Poor manufacturing
- Malfunctioning equipment
- Structural or design problems
- Violation of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations
- Employee negligence
- Federal Air Traffic Controllers negligence
- Lack of necessary repair of the aircraft or its components
- Failure to fuel the aircraft
After an aviation accident, it is crucial to file a lawsuit if negligence played a part. It is also important to seek help from an attorney who has experience with aviation accidents. They are able to provide valuable insight that will help you understand the legal process a bit better.
Aviation Accident Legal Funding Information
Holding a defendant liable for the accident and your injury requires solid proof. Proof of negligence can help strengthen your case. The more solid evidence, the more potential for a higher settlement and aviation accident lawsuit loan eligibility.
Depending on the accident, potential defendants include:
- Manufacturer or maintenance suppliers – are held liable in the instance of an engineering or mechanical error
- Owner or operator – are held liable when the accident was caused by human error
Other essential evidence for an aviation lawsuit includes:
- Photo and video – If possible, immediately after the incident be sure to obtain photos and videos. These can help clear-up fault.
- Witness statement – Try to get written statements from any witnesses present, documenting that the hazardous condition or negligence led to the accident and your injury. Get their signatures on these statements as well.
- Expert witness statements – For aviation cases, experts usually are from the fields of engineering, accident reconstruction and medicine. They are crucial to determining the cause of the incident, the amount of pain and suffering and the estimated future medical expenses.
Aviation Accident Lawsuit Loans Can Help Obtain Higher Settlement Values
The more valuable a case, the higher chance of a larger settlement for the plaintiff. In valuable cases, the plaintiff has most likely endured significant injury and loss of quality of life, amounting to higher damages. The compensation won from an aviation lawsuit covers the plaintiff’s past and future medical expenses, wage loss and pain and suffering.
Typically, aviation accidents can result in very serious or life-changing injuries. Your attorney may not even send a demand letter or file the case until you’ve reached a plateau in recovery (this can take years). Furthermore, lawyers must obtain witness statements and retain experts, conduct research and provide valid proof of negligence. Oftentimes, defendants will even draw out a case, to pressure plaintiff to settle for a lower amount.
Because plaintiffs are left with the burden of living expenses, and may be out of work due to injuries, lawsuit loans can help until settlement arrives.
Aviation accident lawsuit loans can help. To qualify for pre settlement legal funding, make sure you have the following documentation:
- Medical records that show your injuries and any surgeries that you have had
- Information and statements that prove you were not at fault for the accident – use the above section to look at valuable evidence that works
- A confirmation of the insurance information
- Court documents
Uplift Legal Funding
If you are the victim of an aviation accident, Uplift Legal Funding can help you get aviation accident lawsuit loans. Let us help cover your medical costs, lost wages and other life expenses until your settlement arrives. Best of all, if you do not win the case, you do not owe us anything! Apply online or give us a call at (800) 385-3660.