How Much Funding Do I Qualify For?
The above question is framed “does your case qualify” instead of “do you qualify” because your personal financial history has nothing to do with your chances on getting a pre-settlement advance—it’s all about your case. The stronger the merits of your case, the higher your chances of approval – it’s that simple. While each case is unique, there are a few basic qualifications. Our case managers look at the following factors when reviewing a case.
- Liability – the opposing party (defendant) must have been responsible, and therefore liable for your injuries. To win your case, you must prove the other party was at fault. This means showing that your injuries are a result of their negligence. If a defendant rear-ended your vehicle, the liability is very clear and therefore your likelihood of approval for a pre-settlement advance is very high. For most traffic-related incidents, a police report often decides who is at fault, though police officers are sometimes wrong. For other cases, like premises liability and slip and falls, similar documentation such as an incident report or a witness statement can help establish liability.
- Insurance coverage – in most cases, legal funding companies assume that the sum of relevant insurance coverage is your maximum case value. Underwriters will ask your lawyer what the defendant policy limits are and, for auto accidents, whether you have UIM coverage.
- Damages – you must have sustained some type of bodily or economic damage. In order to get a cash advance on a pending settlement, you must have sustained some damages as a result of the incident. The types of damages one can sustain include bodily injuries like bone fractures or whiplash, and or economic damages such as lost wages. Legal funding companies often ask for medical records to get an idea of what treatment you’ve had and medical liens to see the treatment’s cost.
- Previous advances – While some legal funding companies won’t bite, legal funding with prior advances is an Uplift specialty. While prior advances can reduce the amount of new legal funding you qualify for, Uplift frequently buys out other funding companies’ liens. We even offer legal funding refinancing. If another lawsuit finance company is charging you high interest, we’re happy to refinance at a lower rate with no additional funding.
What Does Legal Funding Cost?
How Legal Funding Works
Obtaining a legal funding from Uplift is easy. Our process is 100% paperless, hassle-free, and seamless for you and your attorney alike. Here’s the entire legal funding process from start to finish:
- Introduce Yourself – apply online or give us a call at our toll-free at (800) 385-3660. All we need from you when you apply are the basic facts of your case, as well as your attorney’s contact information. That’s all we need — your part is done after this step.
- We Review Your Case – first, we contact your law firm to learn more about your case. This step involves us getting in contact with your law firm, (with your permission) so we can learn about your case. Our underwriters will request information from your attorney based on your case type. For general personal injury claims and small dollar values, we require very simple and straight-forward information.
- We Send You Cash – we send you cash within 24 hours of approval. We can send you the funds in a variety of ways, including but not limited to: direct deposit, overnight FedEx check, Money Gram, Western Union, and more.
So, how fast can you get legal funding? That all depends on how promptly your law firm gets us the information we need to review your case. From the moment we obtain legal funding documents, we can usually get cash in your hands in 24 hours or less.
Uplift Legal Funding
At Uplift Legal Funding, our number one priority is to serve plaintiffs in their time of need. We understand that waiting for a case to settle is an option everyone can afford, so we do our best to get you the cash as fast as possible. When applying with Uplift for legal funding, expect the following benefits:
- No-win no-pay legal funding from a reputable legal funding company
- Personal customer service: a dedicated specialist will guide you through our easy 3 step process.
- Lowest rates in the industry: unlike other companies in our space, our rates are reasonable and fair.
- Openness and transparency: you will know what’s going on at all steps of the legal funding process, guaranteed.
- Fast cash transfer: upon approval, cash is yours within 24 hours or less.
- Fast and easy application: our legal funding process is 100% paperless and easy—it take 5 minutes to apply.