San Francisco Lawsuit Loans
Here at Uplift Legal Funding, we are proud to provide San Francisco lawsuit loans to personal injury plaintiffs.
Uplift Legal Funding, based in Los Angeles California, is extremely familiar with local personal injury dynamics in San Francisco and surrounding areas.
San Francisco Lawsuits
During the fiscal year 2013-2014, the Judicial Council of California reported that San Francisco County saw over 20,000 civil lawsuits filed. This may not seem like a large number compared to its population of over 800,000. However, these numbers mean that about one out of 40 people filed a lawsuit during that fiscal year – making lawsuits a more common phenomenon than you think.
When looking at these high numbers, it is statistically right to assume that many of these plaintiffs were not financially well off. Especially in the case of personal injury lawsuits, many plaintiffs are out of work due to their injuries. On top of lost wages, these plaintiffs face high medical expenses as well. The financial burden placed on many plaintiffs is unfortunate, yet common.
San Francisco Car Accidents
In 2016, the Department of Motor Vehicles reported that there were over 400,000 cars registered in San Francisco County. That is almost one car for every two people. Because there are an abundance of vehicles on the road, serious car accidents are common occurrences.
The California Office of Traffic Safety reported that in 2014, 4,791 people died or were injured in an auto accident in San Francisco County. That puts San Francisco County as the fourth worst location for traffic safety statistics when compared to counties of similar size and population.
It is worth mentioning some of the top causes of these car accidents in San Francisco County:
- 463 of these car accident cases involved alcohol.
- 379 of these car accident cases involved motorcycles, making San Francisco County the leading county for motorcycle involved accidents when compared to counties of similar size and population.
- 887 of these car accident cases involved pedestrians, making San Francisco County the leading county for pedestrian involved accidents when compared to counties of similar size and population.
- 645 of these car accident cases involved bicyclists.
- There were 863 speed related collisions that resulted in injury or fatality.
- Accidents caused by night driving accounted for 615 of these car accident cases.
- Hit and run accidents accounted for 436 of these car accident cases.
These statistics are shocking and help put into perspective the fact that serious car accidents can occur to anyone. Everyone is a potential victim, which is why it is so important to be safe when behind the wheel. Unfortunately, engaging in safe driving practices does not protect you from other drivers. If that is the case, file a claim to seek compensation to cover your damages. Just note that until compensation arrives, the process can be long and expensive. That is where Uplift Legal Funding steps in.
Uplift Legal Funding
If you or a loved one is suffering from injuries caused by another party, file a claim to seek the compensation you deserve. This compensation will help cover medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Uplift Legal Funding has experience funding cases for plaintiffs nationwide and can help ease the financial strain until settlement arrives. Apply online or call us today at (800) 385-3660 to learn more.