Lawsuit Funding 101
Lawsuit funding may seem complicated – this guide will hopefully remove some of the mystery. If you have any questions after reading this, please give Uplift a call at (800) 385-3660.
Lawsuits can take a long time before they settle, no matter how clear the negligence or big the damages. Obtaining a settlement cash advance can help you bridge the financial gap between now and until your case is settled or won in court. Also known as a pre-settlement advance, our service is meant to help you regain financial control while you wait for your personal injury case to settle. The advance is not a loan, because you only repay if you win the case. We get paid the same way your attorney does: only if your case is won. If for any reason your case falls through, you keep the money we advanced you for free.settlement cash advance – how it works.
If you’re new to the settlement advance field, here are some common questions this guide will have the answers to:
- “Does my case qualify for an advance?”
- “Do I need to repay the advance if I lose my case?” (hint: you don’t!)
- “How does the application process work, and how fast it?”
- “How much cash can I get against my pending settlement?”
- And more…
Our easy, three-step process to lawsuit funding
Obtaining a pre-settlement advance with Uplift Legal Funding couldn’t be easier. Our process is 100% paperless and hassle free, making the experience seamless from for you and your attorney from start to finish. Here’s the entire pre settlement cash advance process from start to finish:
- Introduce Yourself: apply online or give us a call at our toll-free at [(000) 000–0000]. All we need from you when you apply are the basic facts of your case, as well as your attorney’s contact information. That’s all we need, as your part is done after this step.
- We Review Your Case: first, we contact your law firm to learn more about your case. This step involves us establishing contact with your law firm, (with your permission) so we can learn about your case. Our underwriters will request information from your attorney based on how complicated your case is and the amount of money you are seeking. For general personal injury claims and small dollar values, we require very simple and straight-forward documentation.
- We Send You Cash: we send you cash within 24 hours of approval. We can send you the funds in a variety of ways, including but not limited to: direct deposit, overnight FedEx check, Money Gram, Western Union, and more.
So, how fast does it take to get through these three steps? That all depends on how promptly your law firm responds with the necessary documents we need to review your case. From the moment we obtain said-documents, the cash will be in your hands in 24 hours or less.
How much do I qualify for?
The above question is framed “does your case qualify” instead of “do you qualify” because your personal financial history has nothing to do with your chances on getting a pre-settlement advance—it’s 100% all about the facts surrounding your case. The stronger the merits of your case, the higher your chances of approval—it’s that simple. While each case is different and unique, there are two things that could confirm whether or not you will qualify. Our case managers look at the following factors when reviewing a case.
- Liability: the opposing party (defendant) must have been responsible, and therefore liable for your injuries. To win your case, you must prove the other party was at fault. This means showing that your injuries are a result of their negligence. If a defendant rear-ended your vehicle, the liability is very clear and therefore your likelihood of approval for a pre-settlement advance is very high. For most traffic-related incidents, a police report often decides who is at fault, though police officers are sometimes wrong. For other cases, like premises liability and slip and falls, other factors decide on the basis of liability.
- Damages: you must have sustained some type of bodily or economic damage. In order to get a cash advance on a pending settlement, you must have sustained some damages as a result of the incident. The types of damages one can sustain include bodily injuries like bone fractures or whiplash, and or economic damages such as lost wages.
- Previous advances: having previous cash advances from other companies will not disqualify when applying with Uplift Legal Funding, but they might lower the dollar amount you can qualify for.
- Medical liens: the amount of medical liens on your case has an effect on the dollar amount you can qualify for.
Lawsuit Funding from Uplift
At Uplift Legal Funding, our number one priority is to serve plaintiffs in their time of need. We understand that waiting for a case to settle is an option everyone can afford, so we do our best to get you the cash as fast as possible. When applying with Uplift for lawsuit funding, expect the following benefits:
- Personal customer service: a dedicated specialist will guide you through our easy 3 step process.
- Lowest rates in the industry: unlike other companies in our space, our rates are reasonable and fair.
- Openness and transparency: you will know what’s going on at all steps of the process, guaranteed.
- Fast cash transfer: upon approval, cash is yours within 24 hours or less.
- Fast and easy application: our process is 100% paperless and easy—it take 5 minutes to apply.
- Ready to get started? Apply online or give us a call at (800) 385-3660.